~~Position Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Location: Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards
Reports To: QC/QA Laboratory Manager
This position is responsible for implementing processes and systems to determine, standardize, perform and evaluate methods that maintain and improve the level of quality desired by the company in compliance with all regulating agencies. Assures overall quality of all production operations by developing, enforcing, validating processes and providing documentation in a variety of areas. Perform paperwork and administrative duties with high degree of accuracy. Prepare reports and maintain records, reports and files. Ensure compliance with all standard operating procedures. Ensure safety awareness and adherence to standard safety procedures. Assist QC/QA Lab Manager as may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Quality Assurance
• Assist to Develop, implement and train SOP’s procedures as necessary.
• Assist to Develop, implement and train GMP’s and food safety programs as necessary.
• Assist to Source suppliers and develop specifications for raw and finished product materials as needed.
• Develop and perform facility audits related to materials, documentation, procedures, equipment and others as needed to enforce established policies and procedure.
• Achieve quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Assist to Develop quality assurance HACCP plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories.
• Assist QC lab in testing and other tasks when needed.
• Assist QC/QA Lab manager with special projects when needed.
• Investigate customer complaints.
• Ensure Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
• Responsible for understanding the hazardous material and safety procedures and adhering to these procedures when and where applicable.
• Responsible for safety training of production staff and enforcing required PPE and OSHA requirements in Production Operations
• Complete Required Safety Training/Retraining (Additional training may be required)
Lock Out Tag Out
Personal Protective Equipment
3. Administrative Responsibilities
• Prepare quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions and re-validations.
• Provide organized, detailed reports to winery management as may be assigned.
• Perform special projects and other assignments related to the functioning of the QA program that contribute to the achievement of the QA and winemaking goals.
• Document hours worked daily on labor cost code sheet.
• Perform recordkeeping and administrative duties in a timely manner with high degree of accuracy and thoroughness.
• Perform related duties of a similar nature as may be required.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality management; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations as may be required.
Education/Experience: 2+ years of Quality Assurance programs experience with proficiency in SOP’s, GMP’s, and HACCP procedures. AA degree in Science preferably in fields of enology, microbiology, Food Safety, Food Science, chemistry or equivalent education/work experience. 1 – 2 years of QC/QA laboratory experience or equivalent is preferred. 2+ years in food and beverage manufacturing/production environment is a plus.
Skills: Perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision. Use proper safety equipment and safety procedures. Able to follow directions from a supervisor. Detail oriented with above average organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and manage workload effectively. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to work harmoniously with co-workers and supervisors and perform duties and responsibilities in a proactive manner consistent with the company’s value of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors. Able to work under pressure with diverse personalities. Able to accept constructive criticism. Able to appear for work on time and demonstrate good attendance record. Demonstrate the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Demonstrate thorough, neat and orderly work habits. Demonstrate a positive, can do attitude. Demonstrate ability to multi-task.
Knowledge: Able to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English. Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Possess basic math, calculator and advanced computer skills in Word, Excel and Power Point. Demonstrate understanding of quality assurance procedures such as SOP’s, GMP’s, GLP’s, and HACCP. Able to interpret and understand product material drawings and specs to identify non-conforming issues. Able to troubleshoot compliance problems.
Physical: Able to work continuously in a standing and/or sitting position. Physical activities require ability to climb, lift, balance, walk, stoop and handle materials. Must be able to lift 40 lbs and handle labor intensive activities occasionally. Must be able to climb ladders to tank platforms 20ft high. Must successfully complete post offer pre-employment drug/alcohol testing and background check. Close vision is required by this position.
Other Job Qualifications: Able to handle rapid changes in production schedule and workload. Able to work flexible hours and or weekends when required, especially during harvest season (Aug-Sept).
Any and all other pertinent tasks as deemed necessary by the VP of Wine Making Operations or QC/QA Manager.
Job ID: 242086424