Do you want to be a part of a dynamic team of over 200 building safety professionals with great opportunities to grow within a leading consulting company?
Interwest Consulting Group’s company culture and management philosophy is unlike any in the Building Safety industry today. Not only do we provide outstanding compensation and benefit packages, but we truly value each of our employees. As part of the Interwest team, you will have an opportunity to be partial owner of the company and directly participate in our future success through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Founded in 2002, Interwest Consulting Group has become the leader in providing high quality and efficient Building Safety services to cities, counties, and other public agencies throughout the Western United States. We take our proven professional expertise and reputation very seriously and strive to continue to be the leading Building Safety consulting company in the industry. But don’t take our word for it! Ask any of our employees or clients about us and the services we provide!
We are seeking experienced and motivated Part-Time and Full-Time Certified Building Inspectors to perform inspections within a municipal building department, DSA, or OSHPD type projects to join our Building Safety Group. This is an exceptional opportunity to become a key member of our highly qualified, collaborative and motivated building inspection team.
One or more of the following certifications are required:
• BI Residential Building Inspector
• B3 Building Plans Examiner
• B5 Building Inspector
• E1 Residential Electrical Inspector
• E5 Electrical Inspector
• M1 Residential Mechanical Inspector
• M5 Mechanical Inspector
• P1 Residential Plumbing Inspector
• P5 Plumbing Inspector
• C5 Commercial Combination Inspector
• C8 Combination Inspector
• DSA – Class 1 Inspector
• OSHPD – Class A Inspector
Los Angeles County, California
Building Inspector duties, responsibilities, and skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform building inspections for a variety of projects including but not limited to new construction and remodel of commercial, industrial and residential buildings. Items of non-compliance with applicable codes will be noted on written correction lists.
• Experience providing courteous and efficient customer service both to public agency and development staff.
• Ability to deal effectively with people and conflict in a non-confrontational manner.
• Outstanding communication skills, while being a reliable team player committed to quality customer friendly service.
• The ability to work independently, communicate effectively and maintain professional working relationships with clients and coworkers is essential.
• Reporting Knowledge of inspection techniques, Skills, Administrative Writing, Written and verbal communication Skills, knowledge and experience utilizing building department databases, Managing Processes, Organization, Analyzing Information, Professionalism, Problem Solving, Supply Management, Inventory Control, and Verbal Communication.
Interwest offers highly competitive salaries and a generous benefits package to which include:
• High quality low cost Medical Insurance for you and your family, choice of HMO or PPO plans
• Flexible Spending Account
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Employer paid Long Term Disability
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• ESOP (Employer Stock Ownership Plan)
• Paid Holidays
• Generous Paid Time Off
So if you are ready to be part of our exclusive team, submit a resume to Interwest Consulting Grou
Job ID: 237251225