Job ID: 226601114
1 - 3 years
The Quality Assurance Supervisor assesses, coordinates improvement activities, and ensures the ongoing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Environmental Management System (EHS). The supervisor develops the internal audit team and provides guidance for the internal auditing process with the intent of ensuring operational and procedural compliance to the QMS, EHS and customer specific requirements. The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for the daily operation of the QA-Product Inspection (QA-PDI) and QA Outgoing Inspection (QA-OGI) processes. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
1.Four year college degree or equivalent in a related field
2.A minimum of six months in a leadership/supervisory position is required
3.A minimum of one-year experience in ISO 9000/quality related activities
4.US citizen or permanent resident
5.Previous manufacturing experience required
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the ISO 9001, IATF 16949, and ISO 14001 industry standards
- Must have good math, analytical, time management, project management, planning and organization skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office (ex.: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Visio)
- Experience with applying common Quality Engineering methods used in manufacturing (ex.: SPC, DOE, QC tools)
- Experience with applying traditional manufacturing concepts and techniques (ex.: Kaizen, Genba, Monozukuri, 5S, OEE)
- Experience with problem solving by using standard problem solving techniques (ex.: 8D, 5-Why, FTA, PDCA, DMAIC)
- Superior communication skills and ability to work in cross-functional groups
Essential Duties / Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinates activities with all employees to ensure full deployment and continual improvement of the QMS, EHS (ex.: monthly meetings, quarterly business review meetings, SOP reviews with management). Discusses TCU QMS, EHS compliance status with plant management, makes appropriate recommendations for improvement, and engages in the confirmation of effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Develops, coordinates and deploys the internal audit team to ensure operations, documentation, and production output are compliant to QMS, EHS and customer requirements.
- Responsible for the daily operation of the QA-PDI and QA-OGI processes. Ensures production achievement, productivity and process quality objectives are achieved. Manages the direct reports for both inspection processes and participates in onboarding, performance ratings, promotions, wages, transfers, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Documents, reports, monitors trends and provides immediate feedback to manufacturing when abnormal products are observed. Works with the QA Manager / Asst. Manager to implement reconciliation and containment plans for abnormal products.
- Supports document translation and communication with TDK-Japan for manufacturing related issues. Responsible for monitoring, translating, and communicating TDK Japan process change notifications with TCU manufacturing staff. Handles any required QA reporting to TDK Japan and response to TDK Japan manufacturing related inquiries.
- Supports external customer and third party QMS/EHS audits, surveys, QA inquiries and supplier audit activities.
7.Provides counsel to responsible managers for QMS, EHS compliance matters, product quality judgment (limit sample), and suspect product disposition (MRB, SWC, NCR),
Maintains a neat, clean, and organized department by supporting 5S activities