Interwest Consulting Group was founded in 2002 and has become a leader in providing municipal services to cities and counties throughout the Western United States. We currently have over 400 employees specializing in building safety, municipal engineering, information technology, geographic information systems and city planning.
We are seeking qualified Building Official’s to serve Northern/Central Valley California clients. This is a Senior Management position responsible for organizing, directing and reviewing the operations and activities of a fast-paced municipal building department. This position will lead and manage all building department functions ensuring all services and performance goals of both the client and the company are met.
We are seeking a candidate with an aptitude for performance excellence. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively and maintain professional working relationships with clients and coworkers. Political awareness and the ability to work with elected officials, City officials and the public will be essential to the success of the selected individual.
LOCATION: San Gabriel Valley, CALIFORNIA
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assume responsibility for implementing and managing all activities related to setting and ensuring compliance with building standards including plan check, inspection and permit issuance.
• Develop, implement, train, mentor and manage other building staff regarding effective procedures and methods for efficient implementation of building practices.
• Establish system to ensure consistency within the department for thorough plan reviews.
• Be available to perform or assist staff in resolving technical questions relating to various code requirements.
• Develop and implement division goals, objectives, policies and priorities.
• Work effectively with and confer with architects, contractors and others concerning building code provisions and construction methods.
• Make presentations to the City Council/County Supervisors, commissions and other groups; explain city policies to the public, developers and builders.
• Establish and maintain liaison with appropriate government bodies, private firms, organizations or individuals to assist in achieving client objectives and ensuring compliance with appropriate laws and development standards.
• Effectively collaborate and work with City Manager, County CEO Director of Public Works and other division heads on building services activities.
• Prepare and administer budgets, reports and communication.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• Employer Paid Long Term Disability
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• ESOP (Employer Stock Ownership Plan)
• Paid Holidays
• Generous Paid Time Off
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a Building Department.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
• Valid ICC Certified Building Official Certificate
Job ID: 237254029